View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn2803 View Post
Hi Ron,
I took advantage of the great promo Ivan has on the PS Direct Stream with Bridge II so ordered it last night. Can’t wait to have it my system and listen to it.
I notice you also have the DS and Oppo 205, and the MC preamp/surround processor. Can you share how you connect these to optimize for music (2 / multi channels through the Oppo, or streaming) and for movies?
Thanks.
I only use the Oppo 205 for Blu-rays and DVDs connected with HDMI>McIntosh MX150. Movies sound spectacular with the McIntosh RoomPerfect enabled. I decided not to utilize any analog connections on the Oppo for simplicity sake.

Streaming of movies via the SmartTV app on my LG Oled>toslink>MX150. Also streaming Fire TV 4K Ultra HD>HDMI>HDfury Vertex and splits HDMI to TV and MX150.

Since the DirectStream w/BridgeII is so good I only use that for streaming music via HP AIO computer>Music on HD>Roon>Roon iPhone app>Wi-Fi>router>ethernet>BridgeII>DirectStream>XLR>MX150 .

Vinyl>turntable>phono preamp>XLR>MX150

Previously I had an separate preamp for music but had a hard time getting the sub to sound good, so I never used a sub for music. Since I got the MX150 with RoomPerfect, sub implementation is simple and sounded better than a separate preamp without a sub.

My system sounds the best it ever has..........so I am happy.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub