View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 06:39 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
Hi Charles,
I found some info on your current antenna here:
https://sites.google.com/site/mpbarn...sequerratuners
It is a very well designed antenna, but it doesn't really offer any directionality so it won't help with multipath.
The SR 100 will offer some directionality, so it will be better for multipath.

Here's something you can try while waiting for your SR 100. The FM urban can be used effectively when placed horizontally. It may make a difference in your specific situation, or give you some options for placement you didn't have before. It's worth a try and it is free. The worst that can happen is no improvement. If you have a very strong local station, you can rotate the antenna to minimize the interference from that station. Also you can run a long coax cable to it, say 50 feet, with no issues. This may give you more flexibility.
Tom
Tom, I'd thought of that but never tried it, as the one place I could put the DS is occupied by equipment boxes: it's on top of two bookcases in front of a window at the front of the apartment. If I could find or make a space somewhere else for the boxes, I could do it, probably need to remove the antenna's base though. I would also have to reconfigure my system so I could relocate the tuner to the rack nearest that window, which should allow me to use my 25-ft. coax cable.

Of course, I could set this up as a test without having anywhere else for those boxes to go, just to see. . .
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks