View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
Please describe the sonic differences between the C-900u/625 and C-900u/M-900u.
The Luxman C-900u paired with the Rowland 625 produced a sound that was spacious and effortlessly dynamic with a nice sense of decay, and honestly hard to find fault with until I heard the M-900u. I ran the C-900u paired with the 625 for several years since I was so pleased with their performance.

Now that I have the C-900u/M-900u combo I can attest to some definite synergies when using these matching Luxman components. The resulting presentation gained an improved level of harmonic density and a more natural recreation of space with a better sense of the recording venue. Instrumental textures are reproduced in a most natural and captivating way which seems to be a consistent trait of the top gear from Luxman.

It's hard for me to effectively put some of the characteristics of the Luxman electronics into words since it's more about how I'm able to connect to the music emotionally, and with my best recordings suspend disbelief feeling more as if I'm at an actual event rather than listening to a stereo system.

To be completely fair though I must mention again that I didn't ever have the JR 625 S2 in my system and it's supposed to be a significant step forward from the previous version I had. So my relative comparisons between the 625 and the M-900u have to be considered with that qualification in mind. Additionally I'd suspect that your current setup would likely benefit from some similar synergies with the Rowland preamp and power amp combination.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by audio bill; 05-11-2018 at 09:31 AM.