View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 10:34 AM

Smile Nice

Thanks so much for taking the time to help us out, Dan. As soon as we can get the [extremely heavy] N802s upstairs, I will certainly give your advice a try. You see, it's the MX130 that confuses me the most. As I'm sure you know, it has a virtual Matrix of connectors on the rear panel and only a few of them seem to be labeled as outputs. In fact, I tried testing out the MX130 as a preamp by connecting the left (L) and right (R) plugs -- labeled as "AREA A - FRONT" to one the MAC4200 rear inputs. The one thing I did know to do was connect the MAC4200's rear PREAMP OUT plugs to the unbalanced inputs on the rear of the MC300 (which is presently driving a pair of B&W N805s), but I digress. The point here is that I [thought I had] tried using the MX130 as preamp, but I haven't been able to get a variable signal out of the AREA A - FRONT connectors I mentioned earlier. In other words, I have yet to verify that the MX130 will function as a preamp ... because I have yet to hear anything change when I adjust the MX130's volume control. I'm also scratching my head about the two connectors on the rear of the MAC4200 that are labeled POWER AMP - IN. I'm sure that I'm misunderstanding something here, but why would one wish to connect a power amp -- especially a 2-channel MC300 like ours -- to anything other than speakers?