View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 04:37 PM

Hello. Everyone has posted great chairs that meets your individual comfort and listening needs. I will chime in with my story and chairs for the thread. The chairs are by Zuri Furniture, the Winston model. I was seeking a comfortable chair, yet firm and durable. I am a early morning person and by the time I get home for the day and listen, I can get quite sleepy. The firmness assists me to hold on for a few more hours. I have Focal Sopra #3 speakers and prefer to sit at ear level with the tweeter if at all possible. With the Winston, I sit at ear level with the tweeters on my Sopra #3's. I am 70" tall. Comfortable and at the same time enough firmness in that you do not sink. Also a nice amount of weight and do not feel flimsy. I also have a pair of ottomans from the same manufacturer. One additional funny if you will. If anyone has followed my postings, you can see that I am a science fiction enthusiast. The next model upgrade by Zuri Furniture from the Winston is called the Darth and is larger, darker, and almost “menacing” in its presentation. Well you could imagine that this chair has my name on it with the exception of one major drawback... Too soft and therefore I would be sleeping as if Vader himself placed a force choke on me like he did to Admiral Motti. Anyway the below photos will show my setup of chairs and the last photo a picture of the Darth. One final comment is the durability of these chairs. I have had them for 2 years and there is no significant wear whatsoever and I posted a picture next to the current Stereophile magazine to document such a claim...

Darth...

Regards