View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Looking forward to your thoughts on Havana. We've been wanting to go down, but haven't made it, yet.

Glenn,

We just visited Havana from a cruise ship in April. Clean city, friendly people, lots of old cars all over the city. Glad we went. Bought some cigars but not quite what I was hoping for. Our ship excursions were all controlled by the government and we did not go to the top destinations which were advertised. Such as the Romeo & Julieta factory or the Cigar Aficionado number 1 rated Casa de Habano (cigar shop). Cruise line had no control over any of that but did advertise the better attractions. Bait and switch at its best with the government to blame.

My feeling is that in general, the city is not really ready for first rate tourism. The service is not there yet. However, if you are a little adventurous and speak passable Spanish, it would be nice to visit for a few days and travel by taxi around the city.

There are also reported to be some nice beach towns within a drive of Havana that are relatively untouched. But again, I suspect there are 2 star type accommodations there.

Craig
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack