View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two dot View Post
Looking forward to hearing how it sounds. Sublime, I'm sure.

I actually think the new gear compliments the Hansen's better than the Mc gear.
Well after setting thing up. I have the Burmester 035 preamp, 911MK3 amp, MDA1000/MCD1000 all wired up to Synergistic Research Tesla Apex cables with all power cords feeding into Richard gray 1200C except for the amp going directly into the wall .I have made my own personal assessment based on what my ears tell my brain. I’m not able to compare the 501 directly to the 911 due to the new owner picking up his gear prior to the big storm. I used an array of cds Eva Cassidy “Fine and Mellow” “, Radka Toneff “The moon is a mistress”, Steve Ray Vaughan “Tin Pan Alley” and few others. The 911 throws a huge soundstage which took me totally by surprise. It’s like being at a concert. The bass is very extremely taut and precise. The highs extend a lot longer without tingling my ears. The clarity of the music is exquisite without a hint of oppressiveness. No fatigue setting in after 4 hours of listening The 911 is like a sleeping giant that have woken up the Hansen Princes. The 911 and 501’s are in different leagues both excellent in what they do. I think 1.2KW would be a more worthy contender. Next to go will be the MDA1000/MCD1000 possible replacement Simaudio 750D.
Shunyata Research Sigma USB and Ethernet
Argento Audio speaker cables and interconnects