View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM123 View Post
I do not mean to bash Dan but I have wanted to post this for while. After buying a MEN220 based on his rave review, he sold it, I bought mine too and I sold mine as well as it made things veiled.

I purchased the MR88 (just as Dan did) and due to this review of the Magnum Dynalab MD-205 used with his MR88, I too purchased the MD-205 to use with my MR88.

The bright blue light on the front, I called and had Magnum Dynalab put in a dimmer blue light which helped considerably.

Just like Dan I got it home and he said he was underwhelmed with its performance. I too had the same issue. It did nothing except allow me to tune into stations and untune in stations like a second dial. Although the thing that baffles me is that he says he was able to get it to work and that it improved reception on the MR88.

I met with the President of Magnum Dynalab and I said, "Hi Larry I just purchased the MD-205". He said, "Oh yeah, what tuner are you using". I told him it was the MR88 and he said it will not work with the MR88 at all. I told him about the reviews written here and he said, "under no circumstances will it affect the signal at all" He said that the MR88 pulls in stations digitally and the MR88 cannot benefit from the MD-205 at all. He then went into a reason why which was beyond my scope.

I also have a MR78 (which I am selling) and a MR2072 (which I am selling) and the MD-205 works great with those units. The benefits are instant.

I just want to point out for anyone with an MR88 thinking of buying a MD-205 based on the comments in this thread. Don't bother and save your money. You can call Larry at Magnum Dynalab and he can give you a better description of why it won't work.

Interpreting reviews can be a very tricky business indeed.