View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamak View Post
Thanks Caelin.

Would you be able to describe the sound character difference between both Alpha HC and Alpha NR? From what i gather from reviews & forums, it seems that your cables had slowly evolve to become more “neutral” as compared to the earlier series where they are known to sound “sweet”.

While i understand that sound can be subjective and varies across different setups, im just curious of the sound traits of each of the above cable so that i can determine which might be more suitable for my setup.

Appreciate your insights. Thank you.

It’s probably not unlike the switch from a Sigma HC to a Sigma NR which I made in 2017.
The HC version was fuller sounding and warmer but still kind of neutral to me, but the NR version cleans up, defines, and speeds up the bass which makes it less warm up to the mids. By comparison, the HC is not as neutral. At first I was unhappy about losing warmth and fullness, but the more revealing character of the NR won me over quickly.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables