View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
You are comparing two different generations of power cords. Our NR / EF series power cords are the current generation. The prior generation included the Alpha Digital, Alpha Analog and the Alpha HC power cords. Both generations featured built in noise reduction filters. And both made use of our own CopperConn connectors that feature solid copper contacts.

The differences between the old generation and the new:

1) NR series has a more advanced filter system. This has measurably better noise reduction. It also eliminated the need for 3 different cords built for different applications such as digital, analog and high current.

2) The new NR generation cables are all treated on our proprietary KPIP processor. (Kinetic Phase Inversion Process). This was not available in the prior generation.
Thanks Caelin.

Would you be able to describe the sound character difference between both Alpha HC and Alpha NR? From what i gather from reviews & forums, it seems that your cables had slowly evolve to become more “neutral” as compared to the earlier series where they are known to sound “sweet”.

While i understand that sound can be subjective and varies across different setups, im just curious of the sound traits of each of the above cable so that i can determine which might be more suitable for my setup.

Appreciate your insights. Thank you.