Thread: Connecting...
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 11:18 PM

Default Connecting...

Hello;

Have a couple of questions, appreciate any suggestions..

1. I need to find two good XLR interconnects between a D1100 and a MC452 running a pair of Bower's 803D2 and also to a MC275 with a pair of 805D2.

From what ive read in the forum, each cable sounds different with each equipment, so trying them out would be the road to go, but where Im living right now, I don't have any stores with hi end cables around. So my choice has to come out of suggestions. Then go for the purchase and ship them over here.

I dont want to spend too much on each set. up to $750 each, max. Ive read that most people with these type of equipment go as high as $1,500, apparently it is where you really begin to hear a difference. Im 100% digital and my highest spec source is Tidal HiFi from a bluesound streamer. Thinking of going to a DCS Network down the line, but that's another story...)

I've tried to detail as much, so you can make a brand/model suggestion based on what I have and hear.

2. I've got the Bluesound connected to the D1100 via optical (was what I had around). Thinking of going to coax. Ive read it is better. Any suggestions on the change? brand/model?

Because its a digital signal, are these cables as important as analog? IE Do I have to spend?

Thanks, appreciate the time and knowledge passed on....