View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 01:52 PM

UPDATE
----------
I guess I know the reason now.

I omitted an important information in my original post because I though it's irrelevant, but it turned out to be relevant: the issue happens when streaming Tidal through Roon.

I had been using this system for streaming Tidal via Roon only, and never tried to play music from my own library.

Today I started to think the issue might be related to how Roon deals with gaps, and how MCD1100's DAC responds to signals from USB. So I tested it using my FLAC files stored in Roon's library. Amazingly no noise between songs, and the same noise only appears when the whole album ends.

My theory:
- Roon deals with gaps for tracks from Tidal and my local library differently, even though they are both in FLAC format, and both in lossless redbook CD quality;
- The problem only happens when Roon stops sending the signals then starts again. If Roon sends the signals continuously regardless whether there's gap or not, there won't be noise;
- The issue only happens to MCD1100's DAC instead of my other DACs, because MCD1100 gives noise when its DAC stop receiving signals from USB.