View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 12:16 AM

I did ... the differences were small to nil. I can't promise the DAC in this unit was broken in ... I'm going to ask the Levinson rep that question when he picks up his gear. He's been very kind to leave it with me while mine has been on order which will be in tomorrow! With as big a difference as there was though I can't imagine the break in making up that much ground. Again ... Not really a fair comparison I'll admit as I've very quickly gotten spoiled to the EMM Labs DA2 Reference. I just don't see someone spending $15k on a preamp then settling for what amounts to a couple thousand dollar DAC. I'm guess we will see many more 523s in the market as opposed to the 526s. If I'm not mistaken it's either very similar or the same DAC that's in the 585 integrated. Makes more sense there I think although a good external DAC there is very audible as well as I did hear an EMM Labs DAC the first time with the 585 and the Focal kanta's and there was an audible difference there as well. The 585 with great partnering equipment really is very nice. Sorry for the rambling answer!