View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundmig View Post
OK, glad that was what you were wanting. There is a difference between transparency and brightness. Too often the two are mistakenly intertwined. Brightness can bring "detail" but it tends to lend a steely or harsh quality to the sound, while transparency provides an easy, open, detailed and "clear" sound that is natural and organic (sweet, extended, airy) in character. Brightness brings detail at the expense of the "body" and visceral power of the sound, but transparency brings detail and "air" while embracing the "body" and visceral power of the sound. I'm not sure that i'm making any sense, but .... to me, in my room and with my gear the F228Be's are transparent, open, airy, natural, sweet, powerful, dynamic and organic - just as Kal described them in his review. That having been said, my HF hearing (age 60) is not stellar anymore, so others may hear something that I do not. The measurements seem to indicate that the F228Be's are very good to a very high frequency, but I know that I hear very little above 12 kHz now. So, ?????
Understood... and appreciated - even at age 79.