View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 12:01 PM

Hi Folks,

One of the observations that became clear to me when developing the Bryston Model T-REX speakers was the need to go ``ACTIVE`` and the need to ``MOVE AIR AT LOW DISTORTION`` if you want to achieve a state of the art audio system.

Please see the attached from one of our customers that has assembled a full Bryston T-REX system and his thoughts on the resultant performance.

james

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston - Marc’s Model T-REX Audio System

March 2019

Hi James,

I remember the lunch we had a few years ago where you discussed the desire to build the Bryston T-Rex, and I asked how many people you thought would actually buy it. Well Sir, I am incredibly fortunate that I‘ve had the opportunity to do just that!

From the initial Signature T, to the T-Active upgrade, to the 21B3 amplifier, to the T-Rex upgrade, Bryston has continuously delivered HUGE improvements in performance every step of the way.

Please excuse the curvature - from the wide angle lens

Here are my observations:

• The Bryston T-Rex is a visual monolith, but it sonically disappears!
• The soundstage is absolutely huge while being natural and focused.
• It has a surprising level of ease when producing both subtle and highly dynamic details; it seems like it’s sitting back and relaxing on the couch just like you are.
• The clarity is as close to “being there” that I have heard, challenging mega-buck systems
• It triggers an emotional response on a regular basis.
• It brings out details you didn’t know were there in the content as well as enhancing details that might have previously been subtle.
• I’ll never forget when I first played Erich Kunzel’s “Love Theme from Superman” off the Time Warp CD (1984) on the T-Rex, I didn’t know if I should stand up and conduct, or cry for how beautiful it sounded – so I did both!
• I never thought analog FM stereo could be reproduced in such a superb fashion; I can enjoy detailed listening for hours!
• It does raise the height of the soundstage, but in no means is that a bad experience.
• As great as it is in stereo, it’s actually more impressive when used as part of a full Model T surround sound system; I challenge any movie theater to sound as good.
• The Model T Subwoofers in the system are only used for movies, and you can hear the T-Rex easily joining in.
• My only problem is my 65” OLED display looks small now…

I’m not sure where you guys could go from here, but I can easily say I now have a system that I can’t find any fault with, and can’t imagine it sounding better. Thanks to you and the entire Bryston team for helping me assemble this dream system. Best of all, without having to re-mortgage the house.

Respectfully,
Marc Richman