View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
Funny you say, "dislike that I needed 2 E110s to completely fill sound out." I recognize how subs add to the music, but I just don't like having subs. I've talked to Michael Kelly several times about the 12Ts. I really loved my 7Ts and had every intention to purchase the 12Ts. In addition, I've talked to a dealer in Dallas, TX about the 12Ts. The time-frame kept changing and I decided to pursue other speakers. Several weeks ago I was in Dallas and called the Aerial dealer. My wife and I wanted to listen to different speakers. The dealer was weird and recommended that I didn't come to his store and instead just wait for the 12Ts. That was it for me! I decided not to deal with that dealer and to consider other speakers. There are many great speakers out there and you may prefer the sound of the 12Ts. I'm so happy with my decision, with the realization that there will always be better/ different speakers that others prefer. I don't have the finances to continually chase the next new and/or best thing. If you're ever in San Antonio, TX you're more than welcome to come listen.
I'd like to thank you for your concise,accurate response. Being a CEDIA installer has allowed me to listen to a myriad of different speakers and equipment. Being that I have the luxury of getting most equipment at a significant discount from manufacturers has at times influenced my decisions. I must say I'd never considered Monitor as everything I'd previously had that they made was forward and I'm more of a purist. Aerial was the first speaker that met most of my needs. As I also don't have an inexhaustible supply of money I too am looking for my final speaker in no need of subs. I believe you found them for me. Thank you again for all your input. Since I call Lackland home at times I may take you upon your offer. We both have put subs with our Aerials and I believe have similar rooms. Since the 500s are your final speakers. They maybe mine as well.
Good listening and I'm very appreciative!