View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXDOG923 View Post
I'm wondering why a state of the art product would not include a state of the art power cord.
How do you take this product and put it on the market as a possible State of the art , when apparently it isn't , as it can be improved on with a better power cord? Isn't the very fact that a simple addition of a better power cord imply that the manufacturer missed a simple way to improve his product?? And therefore, he is putting a less than the best product out?..I'm not arguing that the aftermarket power cord can improve it, just wondering why the product is released with apparently a substandard part, the power cord. This seems to me a conflict. Am I missing something? It implies he really isn't releasing the best version of his product to the market.
FWIW and IMHO, The fact it does not include a state of the art power cord, or platform or isolation footer options of interconnects or speaker cables or anything else for that matter has little/nothing to do with whether it's a SOTA amplifier (same point for other component types at all).

I think the issue for the manufacturers is simple,...if they build and amplifier does that mean they can also design and provide a SOTA power cord? Probably not the case after which they're faced with the gamble of choosing which other manufacturer's power cord they would include and how high up the scale. Their probability of offending or at least putting a number of potential buyers off their intent to consider the amp (or other component) goes way up and they eventually lose sales due to the choice of power cord "A" versus "B" if prospective buyers don't agree with their choices.

At the very least they have to raise the price thousands of $$$ to put a true SOTA power cable in there whether it's $3K or $10K, etc...as they have to
include a pricey cord that won't come free to be certain.

In short, the manufacturers lose either way; either people may not buy as they don't like the choice of included cord or they might not buy due to uptick in price. Russian roulette if you ask me...

From another point of view, I don't want a manufacturer to effectively dictate that I must like and pay for specific power cords, interconnects, etc...I think it's the best possible decision to leave this to buyers' discretion and just to focus on making the best component, amp or speaker possible.

FWIW....