View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad.Wagner View Post
My understanding is the MX151 digitizes all inputs. I went with a C500T to avoid this problem for two channel.

I then got a Byston SP3 instead. The Bryston is amazing, but it does not do room correction or Atmos, which for me is a huge pluse! I find something is lost when you move everything to the digital domain. I would rather use room treatments and have a better signal path and better amps on 7.1 then add extra speakers.

The Bryston SP3 was a significant upgrade over the MX119 and is very close to the C500T for two channel.

I still have my MVP-871 for SACS and DVD Audio multi channel and use a MCD1100 for two channel, but I find I use my Oppo 105D and let the Bryston do the decoding most of the time.

The only down side to the Bryston SP3 is the latest version only has HDCP on one HDMI input for my 4K projector. I am getting arround this problem with my Roku Ultra by using a HDFurry Linker which I need anyway since my Sony 4K projector is older. I do not have an Ultra Bluray player yet. I am waiting for the Oppo 205, but I have been feeding 4K from my HTPC through the SP3 for years.

What is amazing about Bryston is how they are to work with. They are continually updating their products and do their best to pass these upgrades on to their customers.

I still have two MX-119's in the great room and the family room being feed by an Oppo 95 and an older Pioneer 09 player and an MX-135 in a box as a backup.
The room perfect needs digital signal therefore mx 150/151/160 digitizes all inputs including phono. If you feed an already digital signal tru hdmi or any of the digital inputs, this doesn't posses an issue. Room correct measures your room curve and apply its inverse to the signal. Technically you should get a flat response after that. I agree with you whether we should leave the signal alone or not. I think it makes sense to get a sub with a room correction software such as jl audio version 2s and ML BF210/212. I would leave the mids and highs alone. Those should be handled with room treatment. Since they are low energy signals, they don't require heavy treatment.

Pioneer 09 is real old school and super cool btw. One of the first THX DVD players ( I think Denon DVD-5000 was the first ). Love the jog dial remote. It sucks that these early players suffer cue and iec.

Cool setup!! i have a soft spot for the gears from the 90s