View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 12:37 AM

Default Adapter to plug 5AR4 to Type 80

Evening all! I hope this message finds everyone enjoying their weekend!

Anyone know where I can get a reliable adapter to plug a Sovtek 5AR4 into the 4 pin Type 80 socket on my 6V6 amp? And/Or how to verify that it is the right adapter? (I don't know which pins are supposed to go to which slot.)

The story leading up to this question:

I have gotten all the tube pins cleaned up after tightening the rectifier sockets and we are enjoying the amps greatly! Listened for 3 hours last night and thought it was 30 minutes. That's a good sign. We're really enjoying the 6V6 and the Prototype LP-3a.

These amps are doing an amazing job and we have only found one niggle. With the Klipsch Forte III in our gigantic living room/kitchen open floor plan with 18' ceiling, the amp will clip at concert level listening of classical music occasionally (when the whole symphony strikes simultaneously).

I wrote Mr. Had and he was super quick to reply recommending new stock Tung Sol KT-66 and a Sovtek 5AR4 as a quick fix (instead of waiting for a whole tube rolling chart,) Which I appreciate. He said it should raise the power level of the amp significantly. I sent him photos of the insides of the amps since I couldn't find an applicable rolling list after hours of scrounging the forum. (BTW I think I saw a pic of our 6V6 amp in the 12/3/2015 post with picture by Simonatsea).

I did find the tube rolling list from the original 6v6 post, but wasn't sure it was applicable. Maybe I should have sent a photo of that to Mr. Had to check.

The previously posted (old 6V6 I think) tube rolling chart from April 14, 2014 post in this forum:

Cheers!

Last edited by AMammal; 01-16-2021 at 12:56 AM.