View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
None they are talking about. They claim there are is no replacement in the pipeline for the Salon2. Despite the early announcement of the F208BE, they are usually pretty tight lipped about new model introductions, especially when they are replacing their halo model.
I suspect that the Harman team will need to come up with a more expensive flagship soon. Not because they need to but because some folks just dont feel justified with a speaker that is only $25K or whatever.

The reason for my thinking is - Revel was created as the speaker "partner" of Mark Levinson. And currently, I believe the top of the line ML amps are in the $50K range, so even more expensive than the Salon2. And (even though I have my opinions on amps and how they differ from each other) nobody is going to pair $50K amps with $25k speakers... right?

If this happens, it will no doubt be a statement piece like this other Harman concept (?)

EDIT: the above is from Harmans Lexicom brand.. I guess the JBL Synthesis would fill that slot of expensive speaker to expensive amp with their $80K Everest option. Honestly, I heard those and would not pick them over the Salon 2's...

Last edited by Pio; 01-13-2017 at 05:23 PM.