View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 01:02 AM
dpod4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy

dpod my friend... I should add two more suggestions:

First... as you doubt already know, that thing is a heavy 85 lb. and is not a well balanced lift. The left side is so much heavier than the right. It's a hoss to move around... and please be careful. The cooling fins on the left side all have sharp edges and will show no mercy to your forearms.

Secondly... although this may be a good thing as you already like the sound...this was one of the first units in which C-J used proprietary teflon caps. I don't remember a break-in issue but the sound should only get better for you with time. I've never found the sound at all fatiguing and none of the reviewers that I've read did either. Is it as holographic as my LP140 tubes, probably not but it sure is faster with tighter lows. Back to the Ravens.

Enjoy the champaign beast!

Bob
Thanks, Bob. I had read where most of the weight was on the left side so I was super careful lifting and placing it. Thanks for the good counsel. CJ and others have also advised about the burn in for Teflon caps - 300+ hours to hit their stride so I will be certain to listen for changes although I think it sounds awesome out of the box. Your description is very accurate. The sound is very fast. I feel like all veils have been lifted without any glare or edginess being present (I'm very sensitive to overly strident or etching sonics). Cheers.