View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 11:37 PM

I am also a beta tester for the BHK. I went to the RMAF last year to listen to the prototype. I met Paul, Bascom and Arnie. I had almost bought Arnie's ARC 600 Mono's that were on Audiogon. He said they were cherry. They looked it from the pics. The prototype BHK sounded pretty good, but I had never heard the Infinity Beta speakers they were using. Paul found a brand new unopened pair in a friend's storage room. Arnie said they were the best he ever made.

I received my BHK 250 last week and one channel did not work. PSA worked with me to get it working, but I had to send it back. Not sure the other channel was working totally correct, but it sounded very very promising on my Maggie 20.7's. They are using 20.7's in Munich, but the room is not good from paul's report in his daily Post's.

I switched to the Mono beta test and Scott at PSA said, if Bascom's test this past week go OK, they hoped to start shipping Mono's late this coming week. Maybe Wed or Thu.

I will be comparing them to an ARC D-150 from the 70's, but just rebuilt by ARC, an ARC D-250 from the 80's, I bought instead of Arnie's 600's, and a Bryston 4Bsst? a friend is bringing. Arnie said the BHK would blow them away as it did his 600's. That's why he sold them. And now Paul has reported in his first listen to the Mono's that they are twice+ better than the stereo BHK and the stereo is better than most everything out there.
Remember the videos are marketing, but the marketing of the DirectStream DAC proved true, and I think this will be true also.

Anyway get ready for some exciting times in the next months. PSA considers the BHK a $120,000 class amp. Based on my one channel BHK listening, it could be true.

Be back in a couple of weeks I hope.