View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 02:13 AM

Not sure if Classe will go that many channels with their new HT processors. Well, now with the additional Atmos channels it's highly possible that they will go beyond 13 channels if you include those Atmos ceiling height channels. Will see. I have met with Dave Nauber of Classe several times at the annual music matter events at my local dealer in the past and Dave told me that he always believes in having less channels and optimize those channels in order to reproduce best possible sound rather than having abundant channels but each channel isn't quite optimized for best possible sound.

Speaking of advanced HDMI knowledge and latest chips, yes Classe now has the advantage being a sister company to Denon & Marantz to apply and implement them in their new HT processors. Actually I never had major issue with my SSP 800, just minor hiccup every once in a great while which requires a reboot. But I must say the HDMI handshake between my SSP 800 and the Oppo 105 and my Sony TV could be kinda frustrating at times for some people. I've had my SSP 800 since 2011 I think. been a while. I will keep using it until Classe releases the new HT processor to replace it. So far when used for music (stereo) the only high end HT pre pro that beats the SSP 800 in sound quality for stereo would be the Meridian Reference 861 v8 which retails for $32k. I have not had a chance to compare the SSP 800 with the Theta Casablance lV for stereo music. Heard from other people that the Theta Casablance lV crushes the SSP 800 in stereo but I have yet to listen and compare between the two. So I can't comment. Well.....I wouldn't be surprised considering that the Theta Casablanca lV retails for far more expensive than the original retail price of the SSP 800.

Last edited by Dilettante; 10-29-2020 at 02:17 AM.