View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteban View Post
Hi Dan. Oppo has officially announced that there is no plan for a Darbee version of the 203 nor the 205 models, since it seems the Darbee chip is not compatible with the UHD format.

I will wait for the reviews, and the first few firmware updates, just in case, before I decide if I should consider the 205. As the happy owner of 4 Oppo models (980H, 95, 103 and 105), I am not sure if I need this new unit. There is no UHD TV in my foreseeable future, so unless there is a dramatic improvement in the sound quality, I may pass.

I am also disappointed that, once again, they did not include a larger display that can show album artwork, file folder names, metadata, etc. Ideally, I do not want to rely on a tablet or app in order to navigate the contents of a hard drive.

Also of note: no HDCD support and, like with the 203, no apps (I will miss the former, but could not care less about the latter).
Interesting...the Darbee circuitry was compatible with the UHD 4K output as of the 105D we have here since 2014.