View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanarSpeakerFan View Post
My friend and I did a head-to-head comparison of Revel's Studio 2 and F208 the other day at a local audio store. Both speakers were compared in an identical setup on an all Mark Levinson and MIT cabled system. We both preferred the F208 (a much newer model I might add) over the Studio 2 by a considerable margin. The F208 sounded more musical and had a smoother and more cohesive midrange and treble. The Studio 2 were a little more transparent and had a little tighter bass but their treble presentation was bright and their beryllium tweeter was not at all seamless with their midrange (even with the tweeter on maximum attenuation) compared to the F208's tweeter and midrange. I was really surprised by how great a speaker the F208's are and also by how far the Studio 2's performance was below the Salon 2's (not even in the ballpark).

Ken
I spent a lot of time with the Salon 2's and the F208 yesterday. I was floored by how much speaker the 208 is. Might be the best bargain in hi end speakers. Not surprised they perform so well in double blind tests. Bravo to Revel for keeping the cost down and within reach of most.