View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
That's too bad. I hope you get it resolved.

I ordered an additional 3 cryo'd/cooked Hubbells for my 2nd system and 3 more to try in my main system.

The one Hubbell I received for my 2nd system has incredible synergy with some power cables I'd been planning on selling and I'm getting the best sound in this system that I've ever had. Honestly, it's perfect. Clarity, weight, and tonal rightness. I like it better than the Furutech, Audioquest, and Audience duplexes I've used in this system. I feel like I figured out a puzzle. The sound fits together, now.

I considered the Shunyata SR-Z1, but I'm not confident it's meaningfully different in performance than the Hubbell.

I also worry that the Copperconn might stray from what I consider the balanced tone of the Hubbell so I'll wait until sometime in the future to try one. Plus, the Copperconn costs about as much as all 6 Hubbell duplexes combined.

I hope someone that's had the opportunity to compare the Copperconn and SR-Z1/Hubbell will describe the differences, in the future.
It seems my order fell into the cracks which explains the situation but Richard at Shunyata has been very kind to get in touch with the dealer to have everything resolved. Now I have a FedEx package coming in my way which I should receive tomorrow according to the tracking no. (that's 24 hours delivery!). I will keep you posted on this. But, now I will have some fun doing some electricity works.

Good thing you find the Hubbell to suit your tastes. Considering its price, it's a very good outlet. I find this one would help to sooth a bright or overly analytical system. In my case, I find my system a bit too relaxed with it, maybe a bit too tubey to my taste. My amplifier is a bit rounded on the edges right from the start.