View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 03:51 PM

Till this day, I am still missing that lovely midrange or vocal produced by Ref 250, especially when they drove the Revel. I think Revel like large cross section speaker cables, and high damping factor amps. What we could do to improved bass performance of Ref 250 driving Salon2 is to use some accessories. Large speaker cables,large jumpers, AC wall outlet that make strong and tight bass, may be Hubbell hospital grade, or Wattgate 381 Gold, Ac cables and feed source, pre amp, power amps. These all proved effective at making my Salon2 bass more robust and tight. must be careful not to use those too much to destroy tonal balance and nuance of the system, but they'll help I am sure.

Transparent AC cord like Powerlink MM2 make very good bass, but the standard connectors can make some harsh sound. better connectors will make smoother sound at a cost of absolute power and punch. Good AC conditioner like my RSA Maxim also improves bass a lot.

I think this bass problem has nothing to do with Ref250, but the Salon2 themself, they're so demanding.

Enjoy Ref 250, I am now in search of high power SS amp that have the sound of Ref250 and the punch and speed of Moon. Could be a forever search.