View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 12:12 AM

A couple of weeks ago I saw The Edgar Winter Group, Alice Cooper, and Deep Purple in an outdoor amphitheater. Being the warm up group, Edgar Winter's sound was horrid, yet I enjoyed him a great deal because he was good with the audience and the performance was great. Alice Cooper, who I really wanted to see, was next as co-headliner with Deep Purple. Alice Cooper's show was phenomenal!! The sound was loud but balanced, clear, and just the right volume for his show. He really knows how to work the audience and connect with them. Deep Purple came on last with three of the early band members. I had high hopes after Alice Cooper's stellar performance and sound. Deep Purple played few of their well known songs, the sound was way too loud (it literally screamed at you), and the singer was kind of condescending to the audience. I put cotton in my ears and almost left early. I was sadly disappointed in Deep Purple's performance.

I too think I have aged out of attending concerts. I sure am glad my stereo has made huge strides forward and, just like my beautiful wife, provides all the sweet music I can handle.