View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Mike,

Regarding speaker decoupling and footers, consider all Herbie's Audio Labs "Fat Dot" series of dBNeutralizer material for placement between speaker and stand and Herbie's Decoupling Gliders for use as a footer at the bottom of the stand. I use the Decoupling Gliders under my big Dyns on carprt to very good effect. They are also very inexpensive compared to other footers.

Square Fat Dot made of dB Neutralizer material: "This firm yet loosely crosslinked material is formulated specifically for blocking mechanical soundwave energies. Wide footprint gets a good grip and provides excellent lateral stability. Each Big Fat Dot supports and isolates from five to more than 200 pounds (90kg)."

Threaded Stud Gliders. These have a Teflon base and make it easy to slide the speaker around on carpets and rugs.
"Nifty glider replaces threaded spikes or cones for loudspeaker or rack isolation and mobility with superb lateral stability. (With an efficient decoupling approach, spikes are not really needed at all.) Fiberglass reinforced dBNeutralizer-filled vinyl base with smooth polymer bottom handles virtually any weight load on bare or carpeted floor. With jam nut to lock-in height adjustment. (Superb also for use as turntable or amplifier feet.)"

FWIW, these decouplers are recommnded for speaker decoupling and footers by some setup professionals that use the Masters method.
Thanks PC.
These operate in a fundamentally different node to the Gaia. These, while I am sure that they are much better than sorbothane, seem to fall within that general category.
The Gaia, well the website is quite an interesting read ... This, combined with the reviews, is what set me looking in that direction.