View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward3132 View Post
For what its worth, I have used a MX121 in a home theater system along with a C2300/D100 combo in pass thru mode.

For true 2 channel music, the MX121 will not keep up, so it comes to how important stereo music is to you.

As an SSP, the MX121 is great. It beats out anything that Denon or Marantz has to offer or even Rotel.

As for your questions, I believe the MX121 does have some level of treble/bass control but it is thru its menu system. It does come with a microphone and a stand for Audyssey use.

Edward
So I'm bringing up an old thread.

I have a MX121 and love it. I had a MX119 and loved it too. I'm not one to stay up on the video side of things so staying behind a few years on this line of products works perfectly for me. I Don't have a 4K TV and I Listen to TV as two channel.

I'm curious how you wire up the MX121 as this "pass thru mode". I have other preamps and amps that I would like to use with this feature. With pass through, are you skipping the internal DAC of the MX121?

thanks

jc
McIntosh C48 McIntosh MC1201's McIntosh MC275 MonoBlocked X4 McIntosh MC250 X2 McIntosh MC7104 Classic Bob Crites Cornscala DBX Venu360 Technics SL-1200MK2PK Klipsch KP-600s Concert system Schiit Yggdrasil Klipsch Cinema KPT-684's modified Custom PC music player