View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
In the context of a scientific-philosophical post, some religious views on the topic from the same "series of videos" was acceptable in my mind.

I quoted the topic of the video for disclosure of what it would be. The video was really more philosophical with the input from those who are knowledgeable on the subject than religious in nature but it is a subject that often can derail quickly if not kept in check.

I personally have no problem discussing religious views as long as it is done tastefully and with respect to others but given the nature of such a topic.

The topic does have a track record along with a few other topics that crosses the boundaries very quickly and we have tried before.

The video was certainly thought provoking I thought and especially that different views and differences of opinion on the same question were presented. Discussing it in detail however is outside the rules we have set for AA.
Good points.

In the presence of rules and/or societal subjective norms, there is no true free will, only choice and consequence.