View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 09:34 AM

I try to do but maybe you already noticed that english isn't my motherlanguage.
(So i surely miss the slight differences and words that should be written for a full description of what i felt.)

At first - the bass! What? What happened? Weeks ago i saw the technical details and... They will _really_ go down there? Never ever. But... They do.
Alone with that there's much more (psychological) room. In your room. Hehe.
It sounds A LOT easier. It has nothing to do with "ah, just effects to make the customer happy". It's just there and really impressive.

*History on*
Then... I remember when A/Bing the N803 with the N802 back in the days. Did you do the same?
From N803 to N802: Hmmm. Don't know. Is it really better and worth the money?
Some minutes later back from N802 to N803: Uh! That's... No! How bad they sound! OK. How "bad" they sound!
The mids on N802 were much clearer and the whole human kind thinked that it can't be done better. Oh man. It is MUCH better. It was THAT clean!
*History off*

The whole speaker is capable of giving us MUCH more dynamics. At the whole audio spectrum. And the frequency reponse is now more like a flat line. It's a lot less sounded than former B&W-Speakers for my taste. Maybe you know the "british style" with not really brilliant highs. But now the Diamond Tweeter is a whole new world. It's soooo terrific awesome.
(Edit: Meanwhile i upgraded the IC from Pre to Power with an Audioquest Fire. Man! Wow! For my personal taste the 802D3 can only be topped by the 800D3 which do everything a bit better.)

A friend of mine who's here several times a month for looking movies (in Stereo only). He's a miser/nickel nurser/tightwad. (What's better?) His musical taste is... Bad. Metal. Melodic Metal. Trash Metal. His ears are virtual made out of wood... I asked him after three days if the upgrade was worth it. Even his answer was something like "yes, whow, dramatic (!) change, this is really really cool".

So... Maybe this could help you.

Last edited by GBP; 05-15-2018 at 11:42 AM.