View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 09:05 PM

Have you ever had to use the warranty with Meridian Speakers? The idea is great, self powered, no need for external amps but what happens when a component breaks?
Your out your entire system. I don't have any experience with Meridian but a local dealer (Stillone is familiar-Royal Oak store) has DSP 5000 in stock but nothing higher priced.
Would it be fair to say its similar to a Mc501 amp stuffed in each speaker for power? How do these compare with standard speakers, ie. B&W, Klipsch, Wilson, etc. Imaging, Depth, Sound quality. I've been reading review today, most state a deep soundstage and concert quality sound. I have always preferred Bi-polar type speakers vs traditional. My favorite were Mirage M3si, I found them much more pleasant than my Klipsch. When Mirage chose to downsize there speakers I found B&W speakers. My search hasn't ended for the perfect speaker but b&w is close. maybe 90%. I guess for $20,000 I want purrrrrfection-not to much to ask is it. Maybe with Meridian I can find the best audio and video speaker combo. If I do, what will happen to my amps..hmmm