View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 06:04 AM

Default Sony WF-1000XM3 or Sony WH-1000XM3

Thank you all for your insightful comments. They have made me discover new possibilities I was not aware of previously.

It would seem I have embarked on a new quest. Just as I was about to drop the order on the Sony WF 1000, Apple dropped the Airpods Pro which seem to be very well received.

Also now under consideration :
Bowers & Wilkins PX7
Master & Dynamic MW65
and out of the blue
DALI IO6

I must say that first impressions of the DALI IO6 that I have read make it now one of the "Over Ear" forerunners. It seems to be very neutral (bordering on cautious), no artificial bass boost or V shaped frequency curve. Uses a NC chip from Sony ( I assume a previous version ?).

I'm torn between the Sony WF1000 and Airpods Pro which would require me to upgrade my iPad...Oh Dear.

It has been a long time since I have experienced this kind of "Choice Anxiety" ...but it is all good fun and quite the journey.

One thing is for sure; developments in Bluetooth ANC Ear and Headphones are advancing at a very rapid pace and make this market very exciting.

I'm hoping to audition some of these cans and buds in the not too distant future.

Feel free to comment on the other brands and models listed in this post as I value the experiences of fellow AA's a great deal.

Last edited by JemHadar; 10-31-2019 at 06:30 AM.