View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 12:03 AM
Racing Hoopties

All I can say is that I have seen the light as defined by Hi Rez music played with the convenience of a PC. Right now I am listening to my new favorite recording from HD Tracks Sara Bareilles 'brave enough' from my Silenzio into my Chinese Shanling T-100 MkII being used as a DAC with my WW Platinum Starlight USB cable. This adds a matched pair of goldlons in the output stage and has added musicality over my D100 (which has been a pain in the a$$ via USB lately). It also puts Burr brown chips in place instead of the D100's ESS Sabre chips and gives up anything deeper then 48Hz sample rate. (The T100 is ~10 yr old tech) It may also have given up a little definition / clarity but the low end reaches deeper and the mids are less forward and a little sweeter. (Or is it psychoacoustic gremlins?) it sounds great.

In the end, the Silenzio and a WW Platinum Starlight USB cable give you a pure, clean and quiet source as it is meant to be and the convenience of 'at your fingers access' to your entire library ex - LPs. . It is a great sounding and convenient source.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack