View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 04:35 PM

Just read your comparison of the Magico vs the Vivid. Interesting that you preferred the Magico as the dealer said you would, yet your review itself read like the G2 was the better speaker.

Playing louder in a less stressed way and less obvious detail says to me that you are getting a more natural sound. If a speaker is hyper detailed it makes me wonder if it has a emphasis on that aspect of the music, or typically the treble. Also, less bass often sounds like more detail because of what is missing. If you find yourself just enjoying the music that's a better sign of longer term satisfaction because you forget you are listening to a hifi.

Don't get me wrong, I'm terrible at making my own hifi purchasing decisions in a logical way. I had decided I wanted my B1 s before I heard them. Of course my choice was also biased by availability and a price drop due to our dollar and possibly a little less " Australia tax " (I think we pay more for stuff because our minimum wage isn't stupidly low like in the US, they figure we are more able to pay, even I tunes is more expensive here). I do wonder however if you preference for the Magico is more about an initially impressive slightly hyped sound and the dealers own bias, which we can be very susceptible to.