View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 10:54 AM

Question A complimentary Shindo amp query

Hey there one and all! Happy New Year to each of you!

As I set out into the New Year, I am seriously considering some modifications to my system arrangement. To begin with, I am looking to jump into a Shindo Pre-amp – either the Masseto or Vosne Romanee. In light of this, I am also contemplating a Shindo amp, hence my query here.

So I am seeking input on Shindo amp flavors…. FWIW, I have a terrific Shindo dealer that I work with, and with whom I will discuss this further as the year proceeds. But for now, I wanted to simply ask some people here for some input.

In terms of my current set-up, I have Sophia Electric 300B amp (NOS - 5U4G & 6SN& + SE300B), which I’m happy with. I also have relatively efficient speakers in the DeVore Orangutans O96s. And I am not complaining about the power driving them with the 300B. I just want to open my ears to what else is out there… And what I might try to look at to compliment my system and the SE 300B, which I will likely keep for the foreseeable future - unless I can track down a nice Shindo 300B or a Wavac 300B within my price point...!

Please fire away with any input you might have!

Thanks,