View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 12:56 AM

Question The evolution of the Nautilus line?

Now that I've stumbled into the AAF's B&W Speaker Board, and have now read the posts in a thread asking how long people have owned their B&W speakers, I'll admit to having no idea that there was [apparently] more than one advancement/iteration in the Nautilus line.

All I know is that the Mrs. and I visited a high-end audio dealer outside of New Orleans (NOLA) that had several different rooms containing various stereo systems ... but the one that "caught our ear" was the room with the B&W Nautilus loud speakers in it. That was circa 2004 and we, subsequently, purchased a pair of mint dark cherry N802s that we could ... almost afford, and had the factory boxes palletized and air-freighted to the Louis Armstrong International.

Later, we made a road trip to Jackson, MS, and purchased a pair of flawless dark cherry N805s. Luckily for us, all four survived Katrina without a hitch and they have had a special place in our hearts ever since.

Although I think that I'd be a bit reticent to "hear" how the line has advanced -- due to a lack of means necessary to buy a new pair -- I would really love to read about the evolution of these wonderful loud speakers. If anyone who's well-versed in the B&W Nautilus line would care to share their knowledge with us, we would love to read about it. Thank you for your time.

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections

Last edited by 70sMac; 08-10-2020 at 04:14 PM.