View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 04:30 PM

Same problem, Douglax. All the Marantz reference units do not have the home-theater pass-through... It really looks like the options out there are not that many: Musical Fidelity, Prima Luna and Krell are the ones that consistently feature the home-theater input, but, this being my first "audiophile" amp, I am unsure as to which way to go...

I just realized that the Musical Fidelity M3i also has pretty much everything I need, and for half the price: $1500... The only problem is that it puts out 75 wpc, compared with the M6i at TWICE the price, which gives me a whopping 200 wpc and has a dual-mono configuration... Considering the fact that my speakers are 89db, 8 omhs, and my room is smallish... do you think the M3i would be the smarter option? I'm concerned at those power ratings. I do not enjoy "loud" music per se, but my Marantz receiver "supposedly" produces 95 wpc (when using two channels only) and to me it sounds a little lacking in the "punch" department. I routinely have to use the volume selector at around the 60 (out of 100) mark...

Last edited by esteban; 03-14-2011 at 04:34 PM.