View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
This is from the PayPal website:

“How do I find my Secure Merchant ID on my PayPal account?

Each PayPal account has an unique merchant account ID. When you create a payment button, you can choose to display your merchant account ID instead of your primary email address. This way your email address won't be visible to spammers.

You can find your merchant account ID under "Account options" in your Settings.”

https://www.paypal.com/c2/smarthelp/...locale.x=en_C2

And this from a moderator on the PayPal Community forum:

“All PayPal accounts, regardless of Personal or Business, will have a merchant ID as all accounts are capable of receiving payments. It does not affect your account in anyway, but does help our customer service locate an account if you were to ever need assistance in selling. Otherwise, it's just cosmetic.”
It may be the case that they don't make the merchant ID visible in all cases. Thus Audiogon has published instructions for a "backdoor" solution to find one's merchant ID in the address bar of one's browser.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables