View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlander View Post
Thank you greekgod - 6 Aidas would be a dream - but a long way outside my budget... I spent today switching between 5.1 and 2 channel for movies on my current system and was somewhat surprised to find I started to get used to the idea of a phantom centre - still early days though - will keep experimenting and see where I land!
Stick with the 2.0 for a couple of weeks straight to really get used to it, then switch back to 5.1. That should tell you if the transition to 5.1 with non-SF or non-Aida quality speakers is jarring or an improvement.

I've never tried my Aidas in my AV system but given their superb sound quality I'd be leery of pairing them with anything less than other SF speakers sharing the same or similar tweeter/midrange drivers.

Good luck with your experiments!

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!