Thread: 4K all the way
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 06:01 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Normally, Marlene is the last to notice differences in television picture quality. She is more into the programming, so picture clarity and resolution aren't at the top of her priority list. Last night we watched the 4K version of Passengers. In the first couple of minutes she said to me that the picture looked so much sharper and brighter than DVD movies we watch. I was surprised she noticed and was impressed enough to comment on the picture quality because normally those things don't seem to concern her viewing enjoyment. Now that she has become aware of just what 4K is capable of delivering on the screen I think she will be quicker to identify picture quality differences between the various sources. I was pleased she noticed the improvement.

By the way, the movie Passengers was filmed and edited in 4K, not upconverted from 2K like many of the so-called 4K movies coming out. The color saturation, HDR black levels, and picture clarity are exceptional.
Enjoy the 4K Dan......when my wife notices positive differences in audio video quality, that’s how I know I’ve made a quality purchase since she doesn’t really care all that much!

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3