Thread: South Pacific
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 06:58 PM
Go Dawgs

Doug - my wife and I were fortunate enough to have visited French Polynesia in 2005. Probably the most beautiful place I've ever been. We stayed for 3 days on the island of Moorea which was geared more toward the diver/snorkeler. We then went over to the island of Bora Bora for 4 days. On both islands we stayed in one of the over water bungalows which was just incredible.....the aquatic life on both islands was just amazing to see......on Bora Bora we even had a large yellow and black japanese eel camped out right under our "window" in the coral that we spent who knows how much time watching do his thing.

The food was amazing and amazingly expensive. If you like what you described in your post, Bora Bora would be right up the alley. The caveat of course is that it was expensive in 05, I'm sure the cost now would be quite a bit higher. I believe the island has changed to a bit more "commercial" than it used to be with some of the newer higher priced resorts going in as well.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3