View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 02:27 PM

Hilarious as I am the seller of the KT150s on USAM! I absolutely loved them in my Dennis amp but now have too many tubes so am doing a clear out. I've actually just posted them in the AA Marketplace. Mods, please remove if there is a policy against promoting a sale in these boards. Naturally I'm not getting rich and any $ I make is going to go right back into tubes for my Dennis Had Inspire amp! LOL. But as a relative noob here I don't want to step on any toes...

FWIW the 150s were once my favorite tube in the Inspire and I said so on this board...best bass of any tube I tried, and this was super important to me as I am the owner of a pair of finicky Altec 604 8G's.

In my system however I began to realize that I was missing a more holographic presentation w the 150s/5ar4 that I had with the less powerful output tubes and Sophia 274B. Again, in my system, w the 150s I was hearing more of a PP style: powerful, big, juicy, maybe at the expense of the SET spookiness. And I began to miss the spookiness. (That said, the Genalex KT77 has what I'm hearing as the best balance between big, juicy PP sound and spooky SET sound).

As always YMMV. The 150s probably have 20-30 hours (approximation). I may also sell a matched pair of original Svetlana Winged C 6550's, which were also great in the Inspire...