View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Based on my experience. For a short run of 1 meter between source and processor, forget about generic HDMI. I have all models of Transparent Audio HDMI. They provide much better sound and picture than generic cables. But my favorite are Audioquest Diamond and now Wireworld Platinum Starlight. Both provide the best picture and sound. For longer one of 15 meter to ceiling mount projector, that is more complicate because that is too far for metal based Cable. I used DVIGEAR when I install my first 1080p projector, JVC HD1 in 2007. It worked very well, until I upgraded my projector to JVC RS56 which is 3D capable, this DVIGEAR cannot handle 3D signal at 15 meters length any more. A booster have helped. But later I found a Japanese company who made fiber optic HDMI cable that remain High Speed up to a 100 meters. At a very reasonable price. I bought it and never been happier. Picture is no miles ahead of what DVIGEAR could offer. And at 15 meters long, cable like AQ or WW will be very expensive and may not maintain its High Speed rating anymore. So yes for longer length, fiber optic is the way to go. Here is what I use now, but the electronic part of it just cannot do 18gpbs required for new UHD Premium specification. http://www.aim-ele.co.jp/avd/product...catalog_ls.pdf Toga.
What projector do you own? I have a JVC 4910