View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 02:10 AM

Default HDMI video flickering with Consoles

I've got an NAD T-187 with VM300 4k card.
LG E6 65" TV.
PS4 Pro
Xbox One S
Many different HDMI high speed cables. Monoprice certified premium high speed. Audioquest Sky which is between Forrest and Cinnamon. I've tried Audioquest Carbon and Transparent also.

Xbox one s used to flicker video and sometimes black screen. PS4 pro same thing. In automatic mode it flickers on pro and black screen or light colored screen sometimes. Nad gave me beta firmware to help. Xbox ok now but PS4 pro still flickers regularly in automatic mode. If set to 2160 yuv420 it's better. In RGB mode is better but still flickers. Automatic is already RGB but is the worst.

I've tried two vm300 cards. No difference. Nad says they can't do anything else. If I connect consoles direct to tv no issue. Using my old Marantz sr7009 no issue but it doesn't do hdr as it's only hdmi 2.0. Not 2.0a.

It's not a cable issue as none help. They're all the same.
I have no idea what to do. I want to try another hdmi 2.0a or b receiver brand but no idea if that'll work or have same issue. I'm outside the return window where I got it because they've worked with me and nothing fixes the issue. So I need advice and feedback from others please to see if anyone has any ideas how to fix.

Thank you.