View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by g997 View Post
Unless you have great experience and patience setting up speakers and/or a great dealer to help with your set-up I suggest you look elsewhere for speakers.
I can tell you I've owned Wilson's for 30 years and have heard huge differences by moving them a quarter of an inch.
As far as models go, the latest sound MUCH better than the previous ones.
Make no mistake, the Sasha's are FAR superior to W/P 8's. Infact the S3's are superior to any of the W/P range....
Quote:
Originally Posted by C220MC275 View Post
WP6 ( like Debbie ), 7 and 8 owners will be "happy" to learn that a Sophia 3 is superior to their speaker, at a much lower price.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahG View Post
I'm happy to confirm that my S3s are superior to the older W/Ps.
Quote:
It's nice to see that Marketing schools are useful and do a great job !
I do not complain. Thanks to this kind of statements, WP7 and 8 are found on the used market at bargain prices.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Quote:
Never seen any used WP8s for less than the cost of my S3s.
Quote:
Because you did not look for them.
Since 2 to 3 years, you can find mint WP8s between 12 and 15k.
S3 list price is 18 or 19k if I remember correctly.

I bought my WP8 13k euros.
A new pair of S3 is 18900 euros here.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Quote:
I've looked many times, and once again,I've never seen them for less then my S3s.
Guys,

Aside from comparative equipment performance and pricing, which will invariably give way to contentiously differing opinions, I'ed personally be more inclined to just simply rejoice in the fact that the Wilson Audio Specialties family of fans is constantly growing bigger and more influential each and every day.

More importantly (at least for me), I'm thrilled that I have this opportunity to be part of this one big happy & harmonious family - and I trust that you guys are too!

That's just my 2 cents.

Philip

Last edited by psjl; 02-19-2012 at 01:19 PM.