View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 11:46 PM

Thumbs up Any Colour You Like

Hi all, long time lurker, finally joined and lurked some more... may as well get the first post out of the way!

I have been a B&W fan for some time now. My cherry N802s that have been my companion through several amps, 2.0, 5.1, 5.2. 7.2 setups, a few rooms and a few homes. I’ve played around with second hand N804s, SCM-1s, SCMS, NHTM1, NHTM2, HTM2D and the original HTM1D, WHAT a center!!!

Even a few ASW-825s and 855 have all come and gone, but the N802s have always stayed.

My commitment to B&W carried over to my recently upgraded office system. Last year I purchased beautiful white 805 D3s. Enjoying these for the last 6 months left me with upgradeitis.. The white 805s stayed in my office while I decided to upgrade my trusty N802s. GASP!

A new struggle was born.. Do I get the new 803 D3s? They are said to be an improvement over all previous 802s. Do I stick with the always wonderful 802s? How about those huge 801s? Nope.. They got the axe with the original HTM1D... I’ve always lusted for 800s.. Man the original signatures in Tigers Eye were my dream.. I was convinced I’d get 800s some day.. Now that cherry is gone, that leaves that beautiful deep gloss black, classy rosenut or modern white. As good as the gloss black looks I didn’t want the maintence of dust nor the reflections. I sure love the rosenut but I always told myself if I came across a pair of white DM70s I’d snatch them up! So what to do?!

Exciting times are not without some sadness... My N802s are currently in the corner facing the wall like an adolescent in time out.. While I figure out what to do with my first born N802s commitment was made..

Now I will be researching new amplification for the beautiful white 800 D3s that arrived last week! I will also be needing some power for the ordered but slightly behind matching white HTM1 D3. This should be a fun (expensive) year!

(Psttt hey Bowers... A 200+ pound center with dual 10”s and a Turbine head would be sweet.. so would some flattened 805 D3s wall mount brackets.. just saying..)