View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
Interesting visual comparison. On some other forums, The Maestro is said to be based on a basic Cooper outlet and then customized in some way.
I'm looking forward to a comparison to the Shunyata when you get around to it.
Thanks for the update!
I think I have had enough time to listen so that at least I can give my early impressions. In comparison to my Shunyata SR-Z1, it sounds more "HiFi ish" where the presentation is very clean. By that, I can state that the SR-Z1 has a rich midrange bloom that gives that tubey sound. I find the SR-Z1 to sound "fuller" and warmer in comparison. Not that the Maestro is cold, not at all. Just that the SR-Z1 is more on the warm side. To my taste, I think I prefer the warmer presentation of the SR-Z1 rather than the all-clean one of the Maestro. But this is definately all about personal taste, and synergy with other components. I also noticed that the base does not go as deep as the SR-Z1, and that the sound has more realism with the SR-Z1 in comparison. The cymbals and percussions, music as a whole, sound more "there". In short, to my likings, I find the SR-Z1 to bring more pleasure and excitement to the music than the Maestro. Maybe I haven't had enough time to the Maestro to fully break in so I will continue my listening.

This hobby is all about experiences, trial and errors to find one's musical holy grail. In my case, I think I just dicovered that I prefer a warmer sound than absolute neutrality. I remember when I inserted a Synergistic Blue fuse in my Yamaha CA-1000, I really enjoyed the fuller sound, that deep base impact it brought. With the Maestro, it is kind of gone. In exchange, a more clean sound and maybe tighter base. As I said, I will give more time on the Maestro but eventually I will re-insert the SR-Z1 to confirm my findings.

I was informed by Ivan that the Shunyata CopperCONN outlet is available for purchase separately. I would be very curious to try that one, especially if it follows on the SR-Z1. Very little information is available though so I think the only way to know if I would like it, would be to buy one and try for myself.

Edit:
I suggest anyone interested in the Maestro to read this comparison:
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...ac_outlets.htm

The SR-Z1 being essentially a Hubbell, you can have a reference point with this review. I re-read at least 5 times these reviews and my conclusions are pretty in line with their findings.

Last edited by Parabellum; 07-23-2019 at 10:59 PM.