View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfine View Post
So, if would not be AA, of course, if the obvious question did not pop up sooner, I’m sure, than you are ready for it—but here goes anyway...

Waddabout that BHA-1?
BHA-1 remains a fantastic headphone amp, nothing changed. A bit premature to compare the two in great depth.

I don't know if the V281 will change significantly after break in or not but as it stands right now, the V281 is a bit more refined sounding, mostly in the upper mids. A bit more liquid, a bit smoother, a bit grippier in the bass. That's a lot of "bits" but all those little bits do add up to an even greater level of musical listening satisfaction.

Similar blacker than black background with extremely low noise floor as the foundation upon which the rest of the music in the recording unfolds creating depth, purity and organic flow of perceived sound. The V281 also sound a bit more weightier in the upper bass/lower mids to me which I like. It probably is a slightly better amp when it comes to bass and the BHA-1 is no slouch in the BASS with balanced outputs.

Let me put it this way, I can easily live with the V281 or the BHA-1 but since I have both to compare, I prefer the V281 by not so insignificant margin right now...